Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Quick things here.......

This was taken in our bank - The Banko Pichnicha.
I just had to photograph it. This is a Catholic country, of course.


After the bank we went to our favorite Mercado to
replenish our veggies and fruits.

Carrots, onions, hot peppers, cauliflower, mangos, papayas,tomatoes bell peppers, avocados, cilantro and parsley - all for $12.  All organic.

Bob and I started volunteering at Cuenca University.  For 2 hours we talk to students in English so they have an opportunity to practice the language.
Each volunteer is paired with about 4 students from different majors - the idea is to ask them questions so they can practice.  Today was our first time and I can't wait to go back.
There are 2 sessions with a 15 min. break - students change
volunteers at each session.  The kids are all 4th level students - I think it means they are in their last year or so of school. I won't forget my camera next time.  We are scheduled every other Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. Love the bank, the mercado, the teaching. I'm saving my pennies so hopefully I can visit next year!

    ReplyDelete